Working at FIUTS
FIUTS does not have any positions for regular employment available at this time. Please see below for Work Study, Intern, and Volunteer opportunities.
A successful candidate must be a current student and eligible for the federal work study program. If you do not know if you are eligible, please check with the Office of Student Financial Aid before applying.
FIUTS Office and Activities Assistant (Work Study)
The FIUTS Office and Activities Assistant supports programs for UW students from around the world. Duties:
- Support events and activities program by selling tickets and explaining events at the FIUTS reception desk
- Prepare signage and event materials
- Support development of quarterly events calendar
- Produce printed materials for new students and support quarterly orientation program
- Communicate with vendors and corporate sponsors
- Manage the production of the FIUTS Weekly E-news, sent weekly to more than 9,000 students
- Support FIUTS Staff in communications with alumni around the world
- Collaborate with staff, interns, and office volunteers
- Do basic data entry in Filemaker pro database
- Answer phone and email inquiries
- Speak to visiting groups about FIUTS programs and events
- Lead events when necessary
To apply for a FIUTS Work Study position, send an email resume and cover letter outlining your experience to Era Schrepfer, FIUTS Executive Director.
FIUTS offers unpaid internships for students from all schools interested in learning more about the field of program management, international education, marketing, and non-profit administration. Internships are similar to volunteer positions, but require more regular hours and a commitment of at least one quarter. Internships make excellent additions to any resume, and build skills and experience in the process.
If approved by an academic counselor, it is possible to earn credit for a FIUTS internship. For more information about receiving academic credit, consult your academic advisor and the FIUTS Executive Director. Internships with academic credit should be focused on a project that directly relates to your field of study or the class for which you will receive credit, and past interns have created projects related to event planning, public relations, non-profit management, technology, and finance.
If you are interested in an internship with FIUTS, contact Danika Delano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students interested in volunteering should click here to learn about the facilitator program. Community members and alumni, please click here to learn about opportunities to volunteer with FIUTS through our Homestay & Friendship Programs. We also have opportunities each year for community members to volunteer at events including Wednesday Lunch, CulturalFest (February), and the Community BBQ (September). For more information about volunteering at events, email email@example.com.