FIUTS Ambassador Program
The FIUTS Ambassador program offers an opportunity for Seattle-area youth to connect with visiting international youth for cross-cultural friendship, learning, and growth. Apply to be a FIUTS Ambassador here.
FIUTS Ambassadors are youth ages 14-17 from the greater Seattle area who volunteer to be matched with a visiting international student from the Caribbean during workshops and activities taking place between August 14-23, 2018. There is no cost to participate (meals and admissions tickets are covered by the program), and students can earn up to 17 service hours.
The Caribbean youth are participants in the Youth Ambassadors Program with the Caribbean, an intensive leadership development opportunity for young people from countries throughout the Caribbean (countries may include Barbados, Bahamas, Guyana, Jamaica, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, and others from the region). More details about the program for Caribbean youth is here.
FIUTS Ambassadors will participate alongside these Caribbean youth for the following activities:
1) A cross-cultural teambuilding and leadership workshop on the UW campus - Tuesday, August 14, 2:00-5:00pm
2) A group social activity (location TBD; will either be downtown or on the UW campus) - Wednesday, August 15, 5:00-7:00pm
3) A trip to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Discovery Center and Museum of Pop Culture at Seattle Center - Friday, August 17, 12:00-5:00pm
4) A group volunteer service project at Food Lifeline at 815 S 96th St - Tuesday, August 21, 5:30-8:30pm
5) A final celebration dinner (near UW campus) - Thursday, August 23, 6:00-8:00pm
Fill out the application here to apply to be a FIUTS Ambassador, and contact Ellen Frierson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.