Become a member of the FIUTS Student Board
As an organization that serves both students and the community at large, FIUTS works closely with many student leaders to achieve our mission. The student board leads by example through the following activities:
- Advocating for FIUTS values on campus and in the community - diversity, respect, engagement, and community service.
- Representing and promoting FIUTS as an organization to the UW campus and the greater Seattle community.
- Planning and executing two major on-campus annual events: CulturalFest and Global Gala.
- Welcoming new international students to the University of Washington through orientation and activities programs.
- Serving on the FIUTS Board of Trustees.
Election to the student board is a competitive process. Being a part of the Student Board is an opportunity for students to develop professional networks and leadership skills, and to experience working with the non-profit sector. Student Board members receive training in marketing, fundraising, public speaking, event management, and strategic planning, and practice these skills in many ways during their year-long term. Click here to read more about the FIUTS Student Board.
Read more about the FIUTS Student Board and Student Board officer positions on the Student Board Website.