Become a member of the FIUTS Student Board
As an organization that serves both students and the community at large, FIUTS works closely with many student leaders to achieve our mission. The student board leads by example through the following activities:
Student Board members have incredible opportunities
- Improve your leadership, organizational, event planning, and communication skills
- Learn about the nonprofit sector and take part in an incredible opportunity serving on a non-profit Board of Trustees as a full voting member
- Opportunities for workshops, retreats and training in marketing, fundraising, public speaking, event management, and strategic planning
- Work closely with FIUTS full time staff in carrying out FIUTS programs and mission in our community
In addition all Student Board members are expected to uphold the following responsibilities:
- Attend Global Gala in May
- Read and uphold the Student Board Constitution
- Attend a half-day retreat in June, including officer appointment, training, and transition meetings
- Attend a half-day retreat in September, the day before Autumn Quarter
- Attend a half-day retreat in Winter Quarter
- Attend an overnight retreat in Spring Quarter
- Attend training or other meetings throughout your year of service
- Attend weekly one-hour meetings throughout the year of service
- Participate as a FIUTS Facilitator at least once per quarter
- Serve as Student Board Officer
- Chair or co-chair a student committee
Election to the student board is a competitive process. Being a part of the Student Board is an opportunity for students to develop professional networks and leadership skills, and to experience working with the non-profit sector. Student Board members receive training in marketing, fundraising, public speaking, event management, and strategic planning, and practice these skills in many ways during their year-long term.
Applications are now closed for the 2015-2016 Student Board term. Check back in Spring 2016 to apply!
Learn more about the current FIUTS Student Board.