Fall 2017 International Welcome Weeks
Welcome to the University of Washington! We are so glad to have you join our global community.
All new international students at the University of Washington are required to attend a FIUTS International Student Orientation Session, during which you will connect with other new and returning students, prepare for your cultural transition to the UW and U.S., and complete your compulsory immigration check-in process. International Student Orientation Sessions will be offered throughout International Welcome Weeks (Sept. 11-22), with sessions tailored to different student levels.
International Welcome Weeks also include a multitude of information sessions and social events designed to make your transition to the UW as smooth as possible. You will have the opportunity to learn about important resources available to you as a UW student, U.S. customs and lifestyles, and visa and immigration essentials; meet other local and international students; and discover Seattle.
- Most new international students should plan to arrive in Seattle between September 11-19 to attend your International Student Orientation Session and other International Welcome Weeks events
- F-1 and J-1 visa regulations require you to report to campus after you arrive in Seattle. Before your International Student Orientation Session, you must report your local address and submit your immigration documents online to International Student Services. You will complete your immigration check-in process by attending your Orientation Session.
- Plan your schedule by checking out the full
- FIUTS send pre-arrival emails weekly starting approximately two months before your orientation program. You can also read them .
- Read our Frequently Asked Questions
- Are you a freshman participating in the Early Fall Start (EFS) program? A special orientation for EFS international students will take place on August 20.
- If you are a freshman or transfer student, you are required to complete a First Year Programs (FYP) Advising & Orientation (A&O) program. If you participate in a 1-Day Online/1-Day On-Campus A&O, you will automatically be registered for an International Student Orientation Session on the same day as your on-campus A&O session.
- Most International Welcome Weeks events are included; however, some social events require an additional fee and a ticket if you choose to participate. Tickets for these activities can be purchased in the FIUTS Welcome Lounge.
Check out the video below to learn more about FIUTS events and orientation!