FAQ - Finding housing
I need to find a place to live. Where do I go?
Our housing page has advice about how to start your search for housing. This page has more information about on campus dormitory housing and off campus apartment options, as well as temporary and hostel accommodations.
For students arriving in Autumn, you have several options for housing when you arrive on campus to participate in FIUTS International Student Orientation (EFS and/or Fall):
- Freshmen who will participate in the Early Fall Start (EFS) program are eligible to apply for EFS housing, even if you do not plan to live in a UW residence hall for the academic year. For more information, visit the UW Housing & Food Services (HFS) website.
- Undergraduate international students who are confirmed to live in the UW residence halls for the academic year are eligible to apply for Early Arrival Housing. Find more information, and the application (available in early August), visit the UW Housing & Food Services (HFS) Early Arrival Housing website.
- Graduate students interested in 12-month apartment housing have additional options for early autumn move in. Visit the UW Housing & Food Services (HFS) website.
- You can apply to participate in the FIUTS Welcome Week Homestay Program, which will match you with a local family for your first week in Seattle.
- You can stay in a hotel or hostel. A list of temporary housing options can be found our housing resources webpage. This is the best option for parents or family members if they are accompanying you.