Join the Board of Trustees
FIUTS (Foundation for International Understanding Through Students) is a non-profit organization that advances international understanding through cross-cultural experiences, student leadership, and community connections. Founded at the University of Washington in 1948, FIUTS envisions a global community, tied to the Puget Sound region, where people are connected through friendship, mutual respect, and a commitment to peace and understanding.
FIUTS programs connect international and domestic students with each other, and with individuals, schools, and organizations throughout our region. FIUTS is currently seeking new members for our Board of Trustees who are passionate about our mission and interested in making an impact through citizen diplomacy. In particular, hoping to recruit 5-6 new members this year that have experience in law, finance, Salesforce, and monitoring & evaluation.
The FIUTS Board of Trustees (BOT) meets bi-monthly, and each member must join at least one committee, who generally meet in the alternate months. In addition, trustees attend 3-6 public events each year and participate in fundraising and other programs whenever possible. The FIUTS BOT is made up of 15-20 community members and 6 student members, who serve one-year terms. FIUTS Trustees serve a three-year term that can be renewed one time.
- In partnership with the Executive Director and Student Board, develop and implement FIUTS’ strategic plan by setting and evaluating program performance
- Serve as a FIUTS ambassador and promote FIUTS programs to the community
- Provide oversight of organization policies, procedures and programs
- Review financial statements and approve annual budget; ensure prudent use of assets and effective management
- Participate in fundraising, “friend-raising”, and special events
- Serve on committees and task forces that focus on governance, marketing and events, finance and HR, board development, and technology
- Ensure FIUTS programs meet their objectives and uphold our commitment to the community
Interested in learning more or meeting with a current BOT member? Contact Era Schrepfer, Executive Director at email@example.com.